That's units sold, not individual entries in the series, says publisher Ubisoft.
That ranks Assassin's Creed as Ubisoft's best-selling franchise, ahead of Just Dance (48m), Splinter Cell (30m), Rainbow Six (26m), Ghost Recon (25m) and Rayman (25m).
A few other stats were also revealed on Ubisoft’s corporate website. For instance, the world’s third largest independent developer now employs 9,200 people, 7,800 of which are ‘dedicated to production’ – that’s the world’s second largest in-house development team.
Here’s the top selling franchise list in full:
- Assassin's Creed: 73 million
- Just Dance: 48 million
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: 30 million
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: 26 million
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: 25 million
- Rayman: 25 million
- Petz: 24 million
- Imagine: 21 million
- Prince of Persia: 20 million
- Driver: 19 million
- Far Cry: 18 million
- Rayman Raving Rabbids: 14 million
- The Settlers: 10 million
- The Experience: 9 million
- Anno: 5 million