Now we turn to a Saturday release from Nintendo, tomorrow's highly anticipated Pikmin 3 launch for the Wii U.
- The Pikmin series is a highly regarded real-time strategy franchise where you control tiny plant-like creatures called Pikmin.
- You move about a highly detailed and beautiful forest floor, viewing the world on an insect scale.
- You can control up to 100 Pikmin, each with different colours which represent their different abilities (red is immune to fire, blue to water etc).
- Pikmin 3 introduces two new types of Pikmin - rock Pikmin for bashing through things and winged Pikmin for carrying objects through the air.
- This will be the first high definition Pikmin game, with the last main release in the series being Pikmin 2 in 2004 for the Nintendo GameCube.
- Objectives range from navigating the miniature terrain using bridges to growing and transporting fruit (which is massive relative to you), finding treasures and defeating enemies.
- Being a Wii U exclusive, the game will offer control schemes for the GamePad, Pro Controller AND the Wiimote and Nunchuck.
- The game will feature split screen competitive multiplayer.
- The reviews for the game so far (it came out two weeks ago in Japan) are unanimously positive.
- It's availalbe tomorrow for AUD$79.95 or NZD$99.95, or cheaper via the eShop.