Let's go digital for a second and take a closer look at the major changes to the new content in New Super Mario Luigi Bros U.
- This is an expansion pack for the Wii U 2D neo-classic platformer New Super Mario Bros U.
- It is a download only from the Nintendo eShop, and requires you to own a copy of new Super Mario Bros U.
- The playable characters are changed to include Luigi as player one, Yellow and Blue Toads, and Nabbit (replacing Mario).
- Luigi's higher jump and lower traction from Super Mario: The Lost Levels remains.
- The game is much harder then the core game.
- Each level starts at 100 seconds.
- Each level design has been changed up to increase the challenge.
- The game is part of the 'Year of Luigi' Nintendo is celebrating.
- The core gameplay and world map remain unchanged.
- It'll be out via the eShop this week, and allows Wii U Pro controller functionality.