To take the '10 things' for this week a little less seriously, here's some useful facts about the latest LEGO title, which is out tomorrow.
- Whatever platform someone asks about, yes it's hitting that platform.
- The game spans a condensed version of the Lord of the Rings trilogy of films.
- The game features drop-in, drop-out action, with full co-op play the whole way through.
- It's an action platformer packed with humour, much like the previous LEGO film tie-in games.
- The player can explore all of the open world of Middle Earth (never before done in a LEGO game).
- While the release dates of LEGO Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are close, this isn't a direct film tie-in, although it'd stand to reason that a LEGO Hobbit trilogy may also be in the works to release alongside the other films in the new trilogy.
- Uses actual music and voice acting from the movies.
- Players take on the role of various main characters from the movies, each with their own abilities (Gandalf uses magic for example), and each with their own inventory
- You can totally throw Gimli!
- In the 'open world' mode, players can run about with up to 8 companions (except on the PS Vita and 3DS versions) battling trolls and dragons and upgrading their weapons at the blacksmith's.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page: http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register