Fuse is one of a few 2013 late generational new IPs, coming from the creators of Resistance and Ratchet and Clank: Insomniac Games.
- The game is a fast-paced third-person shooter set in the near future.
- Originally called Overstrike until August 2012, it follows a team of four soldiers known as Overstrike 9.
- An alien substance called Fuse is the central motivator for the team, who are trying to stop it from getting into the hands of Raven Corporation.
- Fuse gives players access to a host of overblown alien technology, with each of the four characters having their own special weapons as a result.
- The game is tailored to a four-player co-op experience, although it can be played single player as well.
- Playing strategically is emphasises, with players being able to support one another with offensive and defensive Fuse abilities.
- The game comes from Insomniac Games, the independent studio responsible for Resistance, Spyro and Ratchet and Clank.
- It's the first multiplatform game Insomniac has done in a while, with the Resistance franchise being PS3 exclusive.
- This will also be Insomniac's first game published by a company other than Sony Computer Entertainment, coming from EA.
- The game will be out on Thursday 30th May in Australia and New Zealand.