Today we turn to our roots with Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two and explore the latest entry into the Disney universe.
- The seuqel to 2010's Epic Mickey.
- Full co-operative play the whole way through the game, but doesn't require two players, with AI taking control of the other character for all the (many) puzzles which involve using both characters' abilities to solve.
- Designed by legendary game designer Warren Spector (creator of Deux Ex and System Shock).
- Creates an entirely new character to play alongsider Mickey Mouse: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
- Mickey can either paint things into existence or use paint thinner to strip things away.
- Oswald can circle his ears to fly, give Mickey a lift, and has a remote control he can use to fend off robots.
- There is a companion game for 3DS, also out now, called Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion.
- A huge musical score with high quality 3D animation cut scenes as well as classic 2D Mickey Mouse cartoon style cut scenes.
- As you travel between worlds, you move through 2D platforming levels, each one based on a classic Disney cartoon, with references to such classics as Steamboat Mickey and A Night in Fantasia.
- The game is available today for PS3, 360 and Wii, with a Wii U version coming at launch.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page: http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register