Let's take a closer look at the latest in the Dynasty Warriors franchise to hit, which is available today on PS3 and 360.
- The franchise is a beat-em-up set in historical periods throughout Chinese history.
- The game uses the same engine and technology as Dynasty Warriors 7, with the developers choosing to focus on adding significant content to the game this time around.
- There are over 77 characters featured in one of the most content-heavy Dynasty Warriors games as a result.
- The game simulates a frenetic battlefield, with huge combos racking up massive points and gratuitously action-packed combat.
- Returning to the series for the first time since Dynasty Warriors 6 is Free Mode.
- A new Switch Counter system has been added to fend off against large attacks, while players will now be able to use Commander Affinity when their affinity is higher than their enemies' to launch massive attacks.
- The story for the game is based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms, by Chinese writer Luo Guanzhong.
- The game was first released in February in Japan.
- It's been tracking with a Metacritic average of slightly below 70.
- It's available today on PS3 and 360 for AUD$89.95 or NZD$109.95.