With the re-imagined Devil May Cry hitting shelves today, we look at the top 10 things which define this new reboot.
- Players play as the new-look Dante from the original series, hacking and slashing his way through demonic hordes.
- The enemy is the sentient town itself called Limbo, which throws enemies at Dante in a variety of twisted ways and from unexpected locations.
- Players have a sword and dual pistols to attack with, but can now alter the sword and the style of moves being executed by holding either left or right trigger.
- Left trigger 'Angel' mode makes the sword a quick scythe style weapon and draws Dante closer to objects.
- Right trigger 'Devil' mode makes it a larger more cumbersome weapon which does more damage, pulls enemies towards itself but slows Dante down.
- The original series was developed by Capcom. This new edition is being published by Capcom, but developed by UK-based Ninja Theory.
- Ninja Theory's previous games include Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and Heavenly Sword.
- The original Devil May Cry was originally envisaged as a Resident Evil game, but was changed after the style became too notably different.
- The original series had four well-received entries, and has been stagnant since 2008.
- DmC is hitting shelves today on PS3 and 360.