As the first big release of 2013, it bares taking a closer look at Platinum Games' upcoming brawler Anarchy Reigns.
- The game features lavish environments and over-the-top special moves.
- It's a multiplayer game only.
- The game is being developed by Platinum Games, who were responsible for the black-and-white gore-fest MadWorld as well as cult hit Bayonetta.
- Each battle sees players play in Tag Team, Battle Royale, Deathmatch, Capture the Flag or Survival modes.
- The cast of characters is half comprised of returning characters from MadWorld, while the other half are newcomers.
- The lead character is Jack Cayman, who weilds a retractable double chainsaw and was the star of MadWorld.
- There will be 16 playable characters in total.
- As DLC, Bayonetta herself can be downloaded as a 17th playable character.
- The game was originally released on 5th July 2012 in Japan only. It's current 10th January release is for North America, Europe and Australia / New Zealand.
- It carries a budget price tag, releasing for AUD$49.95 or NZD$69.95.