With the Tomb Raider launch date breaking, we missed the opportunity to give it the launch treatment, so here it is...
Before you scroll down to see the launch trailer peppered with Australian and New Zealand media quotes, here's the ten thing you need to know about the franchise reboot:
- Launched last Friday for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
- Developed by Crystal Dynamics over a four year period - the fifth title developed by Crystal Dynamics in the Tomb Raider franchise.
- At the beginning of the story, we experience a 21 year old Lara Croft embarking on her first job after graduating from University.
- Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to a hardened survivor.
- Lara Croft is only armed with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, and she must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.
- The island she becomes stranded on with her crew sits within the relentless Dragons triangle, a mysterious area of sea just south of Japan that has believed to have claiming lives and boats within the peacetime era post WWII.
- Camilla Luddington plays the part of voice actor for Lara Croft, whilst Rihanna Pratchett took part in the script writing.
- The game was built on Crystal Dynamics's game engine called the "Crystal Engine".
- Winner of 44 E3 Awards including IGN’s Game of Show 2012.
- Eidos Montreal developed the multiplayer component of the title.
And here's the launch trailer: