The last retail release this week goes to City Interactive's Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, so here's ten things worth knowing:
- Built on the gorgeous Cry Engine 3 (Crysis series).
- Takes players to the Phillipines, Sarajevo & the Himalayas in a three-act story.
- Published and developed by City Interactive (Combat Wings, Terrorist Takedown)
- The game has been made with the co-operation of real snipers, who advised on the games’ sniping mechanics.
- Running in Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 heavily affects your ability to accurately get off an accurate shot, keeping the gameplay pace measured.
- The term “Sniper “ originated in the 1770s among soldiers in British-controlled India for hunters who could kill the elusive Snipe, a long billed marsh bird.
- The game is challenging yet accessible, with casual gameplay all the way to hardened experience with no aides (which was arguably the primary appeal of the first game).
- AI in Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 has been revamped to react based on their situation, e.g. large groups of enemies will act in a pack mentality, while soldiers by themselves will act with more caution.
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 gives players a spotter to help them be the best of the best by calling out the shots to take.
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is on retail shelves tomorrow on PS3 and 360 for AUD$79.95 and PC for AUD$69.95.