In case you've been living under a rock with blinders on and a bad case of tinnitus, here's ten things about GTA V for you.
- This is the first main entry into the Grand Theft Auto series since GTA IV hit in 2008.
- For the first time ever, the game features three playable characters, which can be swapped between at any time.
- The game takes place in Los Santos, the satirical version of Los Angeles first seen in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and includes surrounding hills, lakes, mountains and deserts.
- The game world is larger than that of GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined.
- Making a return to the GTA series are such activities and vehicles as quad bikes, jet skis, planes, bicycles, underwater swimming and for the first time ever, blimps.
- The plot revolves around three bank robbers, and the player will be tasked with planning and executing various heists.
- Side activities will be larger than ever before, with such minutia as buying property and investing in stocks taking up residence alongside bounty hunting missions (ala Red Dead Redemption).
- Multiplayer will come in the form of an entierly new brand called Grand Theft Auto Online, which unlocks on 1st October.
- Rockstar Games' proprietary RAGE engine (GTA IV, Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption) will once again be powering the game.
- It launches tonight with EB Games' largest midnight launch in history on PS3 and 360 for AUD$109.95 or NZD$119.95.