From the outside, the yearly changes to the FIFA series might seem minute, but here are the ones that matter this year:
- You can now play entire seasons co-operatively.
- The new Protect the Ball mechanic allows players to control the pace of the game midfield like never before.
- There are now 32 stadiums around the world to play in.
- Using the new Pure Shot mechanic, players can take characters' stride into account when lining up for the perfect shot.
- You can scout for talent online in digital leagues through the Global Transfer Network.
- EA has implemented realistic ball physics and authentic trajectories allowing players to accurately place shots.
- There are now 33 licensed leagues, 600 clubs and more than 16'000 players available to choose.
- New formation types and chemistry styles have been added to the popular Ultimate Team mode.
- Pro Club mode allows players to play though 10 divisions online while earning achievements and unlockables.
- The game released yesterday for PS3 and 360 (AUD$99.95 or NZD$119.95), Wii and 3DS (AUD$49.95).