For anyone not in the comic book know, here's a breakdown of what today's Deadpool release is all about.
- Deadpool is a comic book character from 1991 in the New Mutant series of books from Marvel.
- He was an antagonist who repeatedly breaks the fourth wall for humourous effect.
- The story of the game centres around Deadpool kidnapping the development team of his own game and forcing them to make it - very fourth-wall breaking indeed.
- The game is developed by High Moon Studios, creators of the recent trilogy of Transformers games and The Bourne Conspiracy in 2008.
- The game is a third-person action game, a by-the-books beat-em-up featuring Deadpool's trademark swords and guns as well as some larger-than-life weapons like a laser and sledgehammer.
- It's excessively violent in a comic-book sort of way.
- The game is written by Daniel Way, who wrote some of the original Deadpool comics, and High Moon Studios.
- Nolan North voiced Deadpool in the animated film Hulk Vs, and reprises his role here.
- Reviews so far haven't been positive, with the Metacritic average sitting at 63.
- The game is out today on PS3 and 360 for AUD$69.95 or NZD$109.95