Tomorrow's the big day, so with Ubisoft's biggest title ever about to hit shelves, we take a look at Connor's ten vital points.
- Ubisoft Montreal (the lead Assassin's Creed studio) is running this one (they played a slightly lesser role in the last game as they were working on III).
- There's a new protagonist for the first time since Assassin's Creed 2 came out in 2009: Connor.
- The story spans 30 years all-in, running from 1753-1783.
- The setting is a fledgling America, fighting for independence and divided under the guidance of Lee and Washington.
- The new protagonist is merely an ancestor of the ongoing tale of Desmond Miles, who is reliving Connor's memory in a machine in a modern setting in order to continue his legacy of fighting against the Templars.
- Both the near-future and modern settings have fully playable components.
- Assassin's Creed III will introduce naval warfare, with Connor helming old school frigates for intense sea battles.
- Nintendo is getting some love this time around, with the game teed up as a launch title for the Wii U.
- Launching day and date on Vita is Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, which acts as a corrollary prequel title to the home console game, with its own protagonist: Aveline.
- This will be Ubisoft's biggest game release ever.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page: http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register